Billy Crawford

Tennis in the twenties

Tennis in the twenties

City Park tennis in the twenties: already fourteen courts. Tennis has grown in City Park from a curious “attraction” in 1901 to a major enterprise. In 1922 the park provided the public with seventeen courts which on many Sundays had “proven not sufficient for those who wanted to play.” Tennis has expanded and contracted over the century, but by 1954… Read more →

Welcome to City Park Tennis Club

Welcome to City Park Tennis Club

The City Park Tennis Club was founded in 1928 by a group of men who played tennis at City Park and who decided to approach the City Park Board of Directors about leasing three courts for club use. The board approved and the club was officially organized. The late Bill Macassin was elected the first president.